JUNIOR DATA AND SYSTEMS OFFICER
PAARL, WESTERN CAPE
The Junior Data and Systems Officer is responsible for managing, analysing, and optimizing data and technology systems for the Val de Vie Estate Homeowners’ Association (HOA). This role ensures the efficient and effective use of data and systems to support decision-making, streamline processes, and enhance the overall operation of the association. This position also plays a key role in maintaining data integrity, ensuring compliance with data protection regulations, and providing technical support to HOA staff, including and particularly related to CRM and the E-filing systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the maintenance of data and technology systems, including CRM systems, databases, software applications, e-filing system, and hardware infrastructure.
- Develop and implement data collection and storage protocols to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of HOA data.
- Analyse data sets to proactively identify risks, trends, patterns, and insights that inform strategic decision-making and operational improvements.
- With COO and HODs create and maintain data reports, dashboards, and visualisations to effectively communicate key findings and metrics to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other HOA departments to identify data and technology needs and provide solutions that enhance operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with relevant data protection regulations, such as the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and implement appropriate data privacy and security measures.
- Conduct regular data audits to identify and rectify data discrepancies, inconsistencies, and errors.
- Provide technical support and training to HOA staff on data and systems usage, troubleshooting, and best practices.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data management and systems administration.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to manage system integrations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned by the HOA management team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience in data management, data analysis, and systems administration.
- Proficiency in database management systems (e.g., SQL), data visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau), and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with property management systems or HOA management software would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations, such as POPIA, and experience implementing data privacy and security measures.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and derive meaningful insights.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy and integrity.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required for system maintenance or urgent support.
- The role may involve some physical activity, such as moving computer equipment or setting up workstations.
All suitable candidates are requested to submit applications, with condensed CV, by 10 November 2023. Should you not be contacted within two weeks after the closing date, then unfortunately your application can be regarded as unsuccessful.