This competition rewards Val de Vie Estate residents who make a difference in their neighborhoods by taking pride in their gardens.
Gardeners with the greenest fingers have sufficient time to get inspired, plant and prune until November 2021 when the winner will be announced.
- Brenthurst Wealth investment portfolios to the value of R50 000
- 1 year subscription of Cosmafolia Flower Boxes to the value of R10 000, delivered monthly
- Ludwig’s Roses voucher to the value of R10 000, including fertilisers, roses and garden services
How to enter:
Gardeners will need to submit the following criteria to qualify for the competition. Online entries open 1 October and close 10 October 2021.
- Three current photos that capture the main essence of your garden (from ground level or from above).
- 200-word description of your garden – the design, unique features and plant selection
Enter one of the following three categories according to your garden’s size:
Petite – up to 700m²
Fair – 700m² to 4000m²
Grand – over 4000m²
Entries will be evaluated and scored based on photos supplied. The top ten gardens in each size category will be informed by 17 October 2021.
The top ten gardens in each size category will be scored when the judges conduct a live inspection of each garden. Inspection will take place between 18 – 31 October 2021.
The highest-graded garden in the Petite, Fair and Grand category will compete for the title of ‘Val de Vie Estate Garden of the Year 2021’, which will be announced on 16 November 2021.
A certificate of achievement and other prizes will be award to outstanding gardens in the following sub-categories:
- Best indigenous garden – the use of plants best suited to the Western Cape’s climate
- Best fusion design – blending eco-friendly garden elements into a traditional landscape
- Most colourful garden – beautiful blossoms, pastel prettiness and vibrant hues
- Best edible garden – awarded to the best ‘grow your own’ space
- Best pots, plants and hanging baskets – awarded to the creative use to brighten up small spaces
- Best wildlife garden – awarded to the garden that provides a sanctuary to insects, birds and small mammals
- Anthony Wain – Professional Landscape Architect
- Rory Phelan – Senior Horticulturist at Servest
- Simon Allen- Val de Vie Estate Environmental Officer
- Sue Heystek – Marking Director of Brenthurst Wealth
During Winter, keep an eye out for gardening tips in the Val de Vie Estate Wellness Newsletter, Grapevine magazine and across the Val de Vie Estate social media platforms. Expert advice on maintaining your garden through winter and secrets to showcasing your hard work will be shared.
SA’s Top Boutique Wealth Manager 2020
Visit the new Brenthurst Wealth Office at the Val de Vie Polo Village Offices, Block A3.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +27211003901
Exquisite hand-picked flower boxes delivered to your door
Website: www.cosmafolia.co.za Tel +27 74 725 8630
South Africa’s premier rose nursery with a wide range of rose bushes, products and fertilisers
Email: email@example.com Tel: +27 12 544 0144