Val de Vie Picnic Area
Our Picnic Area, officially launched on 14 Feb 2012, was a welcomed addition to our landscaping features. Its location, right across from the Berg River Island, is ideal as it provides complete privacy from the embankment across. The area, once covered with numerous black wattles and other foreign trees and shrubs, was cleared and levelled with earth moving equipment over a two week period. Irrigation, grass, trees and ground cover plants were established. Footpaths were also cleared along the contours connecting Palomino way with the area.
How to get there
- Follow the meandering route/ pony trail (Green route on the map).
- Limited parking is available on palomino way (Light blue dots on the map)
Access to river front
- Residents can have their remotes programmed at security. The remote will then open 3 river front gates ( 1. far north, 2. at picnic spot and 3. far south)
Use of river front servitude
- Although the river front land belongs to the two privately owned farms in Val de Vie (Brown and purple land on map), the HOA has a 12m wide right of way servitude over which residents can meander/ jog/ horse ride, using horse or human “leg-power”, in other words no quad bikes, motor cars, or motor vehicles. The HOA and farm owners are, in conjunction, developing a 5 year “Improvement plan” for the gradual upgrading of the route.
Rules of the picnic area
- Residents and resident guests are welcome
- Accessible during daylight hours only
- No braai permissible
- No dogs
- No music
- Please note that the green route and picnic area are the only land which the residents have access to. The farmland itself is private property, and although its mostly not enclosed with a physically barrier, we ask that residents would respect their privacy.